Ceramic fiber can be divided into non-oxide fiber and oxide fiber. What we use a lot is oxide fiber. Oxide fiber can be divided into aluminum silicate fiber, quartz fiber, mullite fiber and alumina fiber, here ceramic fiber in some aviation, engineering and other fields when the use of a lot of, so, such a wide range of USES of oxide ceramic fiber has what characteristics? What are the specific USES of different oxide ceramic fibers? Below is a small make up for everyone to make a summary, I hope to be helpful to you.
I. Characteristics of oxide ceramic fiber
1. Characteristics of aluminum silicate fiber
(1) Composition characteristics. Similar in shape and color to cotton, aluminum silicate fiber is an amorphous ceramic fiber, mainly composed of alumina and silicon dioxide, and sometimes contains a small amount of iron oxide, titanium dioxide, calcium oxide and other substances.
(2) Performance characteristics. The diameter of aluminum silicate fiber is 1-10 m, the length is 5-25cm, the temperature resistance, heat insulation, sound absorption is good, and small heat storage, low thermal conductivity, strong resistance to mechanical vibration, the use temperature can be up to 1200℃.
2. Quartz fiber characteristics
(1) Composition characteristics. Quartz fiber refers to the high purity special silica glass fiber with a magazine content of less than 0.1% and a fiber diameter of 0.7-15 m. Quartz fiber is divided into continuous quartz glass fiber and quartz glass cotton. Continuous quartz glass fiber refers to the quartz glass is fused, by the external force to pull the long fiber, quartz glass cotton refers to the use of high pressure air jet quartz glass melt and get an uneven length of quartz glass fiber, its shape fluffy, similar to cotton.
(2) Performance characteristics. Quartz fiber has high heat resistance, long-term stable use temperature of 1050℃, instant temperature resistance up to 1700℃. In addition, quartz fiber has corrosion resistance, high strength retention rate at high temperature, stable size, good thermal shock resistance, high chemical stability, in addition to the electrical insulation performance.
3. Mullite fiber characteristics
(1) Composition characteristics. Mullite is a binary compound that can stably exist at room temperature and pressure in the binary system of silicon oxide and alumina. The chemical formula is 3Al2O3·2SiO2. Mullite fiber is a kind of fiber with polycrystalline structure, and the main crystal phase is mullite microcrystal.
(2) Performance characteristics. When mullite fiber is heated, it has uniform expansion, excellent thermal shock resistance stability, low thermal conductivity, and is not easy to creep under high temperature. It can not only maintain good elasticity, but also has relatively small shrinkage, and the material itself has good chemical stability and is not easy to be corroded. Therefore, mullite fiber is regarded as a new ultra-light, high-temperature and heat-resistant fiber material.
4. Characteristics of alumina fiber
(1) Composition characteristics. When mullite fiber is heated, it has uniform expansion, excellent thermal shock resistance stability, low thermal conductivity, and is not easy to creep under high temperature. It can not only maintain good elasticity, but also has relatively small shrinkage, and the material itself has good chemical stability and is not easy to be corroded.
(2) Performance characteristics. When mullite fiber is heated, it has uniform expansion, excellent thermal shock resistance stability, low thermal conductivity, and is not easy to creep under high temperature. It can not only maintain good elasticity, but also has relatively small shrinkage, and the material itself has good chemical stability and is not easy to be corroded.
Ii. Applications of oxide ceramic fibers
1. Use of aluminum silicate fiber. Aluminosilicate fiber composite material can be made into blanket, felt, paper, board and other shapes. At present, it has been widely used in thermal insulation of chemical, mechanical and other thermal equipment and thermal insulation layer of rocket engine components.
2. Use of quartz fiber. The dielectric constant and dielectric loss coefficient of quartz fiber are compared among all mineral fibers, and the production cost is much lower than that of silicon carbide fiber. Therefore, quartz fiber has an important use in national defense, military and aerospace industry, which can be used in the manufacture of aerospace thermal protection system. In addition, quartz glass fiber in quartz fiber can also be spun into quartz glass fiber yarn, cloth, etc.
3. Use of Mullite fiber. As a new type of ultra-light, high-temperature and heat-resistant fiber material, it is widely used in various high-temperature products and thermal protection systems due to its advantages such as good shrinkage, stable chemical properties and not easy to be corroded.
4. Use of alumina fiber. Short alumina fiber is mainly used in high temperature thermal insulation materials, while long fiber can be used to strengthen composite materials, in addition, alumina fiber in military, aerospace and aviation has important strategic significance, great commercial value.
For more details or questions, please call the company hotline +0531 85800088 or through the online customer service website, you can also leave your contact information, we have professional technical personnel at any time for you to solve problems related to high temperature materials.
SHANDONG REDON HIGH-TEMPERATURE MATERIAL Co. ,LTD. has the domestic advanced production equipment and leading production technology, with an annual output of 1050 ceramic fiber series products, 1260 ceramic fiber series products, 1400 ceramic fiber series products, 1600 polycrystalline series products tens of thousands of tons. With cotton, blankets, blanket, board, paper and all kinds of textiles, special-shaped products, modules, folding, castable, spraying, etc. Various forms of more than 30 kinds of products, can meet the insulation requirements of high temperature field under different conditions, welcome to have a friend need to click the website lower right online customer service or submit online enquiry, we will contact you the first time.